backmon monitors backup files inside filesystems and object storages. Each backup file definition can be exported into a Prometheus-compatible format. You can use tools like Alertmanager to notify the SRE team if a backup is missing or some threshold has been missed. A threshold could be e.g. that the filesize of the backup file is too small.
The goals of backmon are:
- Monitoring and supervising existing backup files: inspecting, overseeing, handling, controlling
- Overseeing backup processes
- Collecting metric data about backup files
- Export Prometheus metrics
- Purging outdated backup files (erase, remove, delete)
- Centralized download of backup files